Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Seeking Full Time Strength Coach Position
Kyle D. Will, CSCS 12/6/2012 7:28:20 PM
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 4:41 PM

I am seeking a full time position as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and am having no luck and would like some advice.  I am currently CSCS certified (since 2004) and RSCC Certified since 2012.  I own and operate a Personal Training studio in Bend, OR and work on a contract basis with all the local high schools.  Due to budget constraints and limited vision of what a full time strength coach could mean to a high school athletic program I am hired by some head coaches who see the value, but there is no opportunity to get a full time position.  We have a community college in town and Oregon State is launching OSU Cascades, however neither have an athletic program to speak of at this time, so opportunities for internships and experience at that level are limited as well.  I am finding most positions I apply for require at least some type of college experience which I can't seem to get.  I have applied for an assistantship through NSCA and was told I have too much experience and certifications so it was not applicable to me.  So I am feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Any advice or anyone willing to give me a shot I would love to hear from you.  I have attached my resume as well.  Thanks for your help.

Kyle Will, CSCS, RSCC

B.S. Exercise Science

www.willpowertrainingstudio.com

willpower05@msn.com

File Attachment(s):
S&C Resume.doc (49664 bytes)