Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Certification Exam Completion
Mrs Janet Nicole Gathers 9/10/2012 10:08:15 AM
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:19 PM

I know this question/topic is over asked... but here it goes

I am a business major, currently in the HR/business field (for 5+ years now). I "fell into" fitness some years back when I lost 100 lbs the good ol' fashioned way. So I have alot of "street/common sense" knowledge on the subject, but no real education. I am attemtping to get my NSCA-CPT and also get into diet and nutrition.

My question is, are there any classes that can be taken in order prepare for the exam. I am very much so that type of person that learns this type of material from another's explanation of it. If there aren't any classes or courses (bc I have searched and have come up empty handed), I am open to hearing suggestions on how to self teach this material AND retain it.

At this point I am reading each chapter and doing the questions at the end, but i don't think that is going to help me remember the materials 2/3 months from now when I need to recall it.

Please advise. Be blessed!