Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Paleo/High Saturated Fat Diet
Mr Rick Templeton, MSEd, ATC/L 3/6/2013 6:18:15 PM
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:21 PM

I teach physical education at a local college, and I had a conversation with a student a few weeks back, that I have also had with others following a Paleo/High Saturated Fat diet.  They argue that a diet high in saturated fat is healthy, and that it has not been linked to cardiovascular disease, and that there is no proof otherwise.  I have asked for actual scientific proof that a diet high in saturated fat is actually "healthy", and no one can provide it; not that I will be easily swayed anyway.  Can anyone on here direct me to such an article, book, or study?  Or how you might argue the assertion?  Thanks.
Winston Tyler Reynolds 7/31/2012 7:43:10 PM
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 12:12 PM

Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health

by Gary Taubes

I found this book to be very eye opening and well researched. It's a large read so I recommend getting the audio book.  I haven't  read anything else that addresses high fat vs high carb in such great detail.