Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Advices for job
Giacomo Di Bianco, NSCA-CPT 7/7/2012 4:06:55 AM
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:54 PM

Hi everybody,i'm Giacomo Di Bianco from Italy.
I would know if there is an online form(on NSCA site) to send or publish one's resume,or if you could give me some advices about the right process to make an application for gyms/fitness centers...

I'd appreciate some tips to write the resume in the best way...
I strongly want to be a personal trainer in USA,though i know there are a lot of difficulties about Visa etc...
Here in Italy i've been a personal trainer and a massagist for more than 10 years,and last summer(San Francisco,August 2012)i became a NSCA-CPT.
Thanks for any support.

Giacomo Di Bianco

Anoop T. Balachandran, CSCS 6/3/2012 10:03:44 AM
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:10 PM

Hi Giacomo,

You can contact the gyms directly. Email them with your resume. 

I am sure you will find a PT job, but I don't know if that is enough for you to get a visa. I moved from India to do my M.S and now I am doing my Ph.D. So that is one option for you.