Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Business forms for personal trainers
Martha Lee Snee, NSCA-CPT 6/5/2012 8:14:46 AM
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:20 AM

As a brand new NSCA-CPT, I am looking for a source for templates for business documents I can download or copy,such as an informed consent form, and client agreement contract, etc. I know that there are examples in the study guide- does the NSCA have templates available for members?
Anoop T. Balachandran, CSCS 6/3/2012 10:03:44 AM
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:04 PM

Hi Martha,

Congrats on getting your CPT!

If I had to suggest, I would maybe consult a lawyer and come up with your own informed consent and waivers. Since you are working on your own, everything will be different. I think it would be a worthwhile investment if you are going to do this for a long time. I know how people got sued and had to pay the damages because they didn't use the 'right' word or wrongly worded the waiver. Also talk to someone who does private training.