Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Business Insurance for Home Studio Owners
Mundah Massaquoi 11/29/2012 2:38:51 PM
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:51 PM
Joined: 11/29/2012
Posts: 2

I'm a new business owner operating my training studio from my residence (basement studio).  In the process of trying to obtaining studio insurance, I was told by State Farm that my property policy  would be cancelled if I operated a training studio inside my home.

Also, the business insurers told me they would not insure my property.  In my mind the two are separate, as I understand I would not expect to file a claim with my business insurer if a hurricane blew my roof off.  Likewise, nor would I expect to file a claim with State Farm if a client tripped and fell entering the separate entrance to my basement studio.

Can anyone help me find an insurer who will write a policy to cover BOTH my residential property AND my business?


Is this insane or is it just me??? - What has one to do with the other if I can show my home insurer that I have a legitimate business policy?  Anyone else have this issue

William Bradley 6/4/2012 10:31:50 AM
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:41 PM
Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 3

Hi, Here's the Phone number for ESIX insurance. They do Studio Insurance as well as supply the Liability insurance for the NSCA. The rep you want to talk to is Trish Beyer, 1-800-342-4371 ext 125. She will be able to help you figure out your best options.