Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Soliciting Advice
Mr Michael Adam Cochran 8/9/2013 12:29:06 PM
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:14 PM

I am in the process of studying for the CSCS exam. My work and educational background include twenty years of service in the U.S. Army (I retired in 2002). I have been employed as a police officer since my retirement and, I possess a Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice.

My desire is to obtain the CSCS certification and also the TSAC-F certification so that I may work with and train Law enforcement entities within the State of Wisconsin where I reside. However, I am unclear if one must possess the CSCS certification first. If not, would it benefit me to take the TSAC-F exam first and then obtain the CSCS certification.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mike Cochran

officer391@yahoo.com

John I. Hofman, MS, CSCS 6/12/2012 1:25:48 PM
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Hi mike

you can obtain the TSAC-F without the CSCS. But I would recommend getting both as they are both highly recognized in the field and will bring nothing but value to your ability to be a great coach. I ti always wise learn from boths aspects (athletics and tactical) as one can learn from each.

hope it helps

John

Keith Chittenden, CSCS, TSAC-F 6/5/2012 8:05:25 PM
Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014 1:29 PM

if you pass the cscs, then passing the tsac-f will be a piece of cake. good luck