Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
I hear about trainers using the book called becoming a supple leopard. Does this book scientifically provide assistance to clients or is this another how-to book?
Douglas Corey Bielas 6/23/2012 4:13:56 PM
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 3:44 PM

Becoming a Supple Leopard is authored by a crossfit guru. It's crossfit programming and methodology all the way. I wouldn't use it. The only thing that might be useful is the foam rolling and stretching section, but there are better sources for that than a crossfit trainer. You can learn about mobility and foam rolling from somebody like Eric Cressey or Mike Boyle.
Mark Campbell, NSCA-CPT 8/14/2012 7:19:43 PM
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2015 6:16 PM

Becoming a Supple Leopard is a great tool that any trainer should have. It comes from a Cross Fit based approach but if you are training your clients and athletes in a correct way, on movement of exercise not weight lifted, then you can use the information in the book with the majority of your clients to help them move better and achieve greater results. The second edition just was released which is suppose to be better organized. I would also recommend Kelly Starret's book Ready To Run. Ready To Run is for ANY athlete that has to run, sprint, jump and any other movement that is required on a land based athlete to be able to optimally preform at their best level.