Reports to the Membership Manager and Membership Director. As initial contact with the association members and non-members, receptionist must receive, greet and route all visitors and in-coming calls in a professional and cordial manner. Responsible for the distribution of incoming mail, email, and faxes. Provides administrative support as required.
- Administrative duties to include, but not be exclusive to:
- Answer phone and direct all calls to the proper individuals. Takes messages as required.
- Provide exemplary customer service to each member and to co-workers.
- Responsible for greeting guests in a personable manner.
- Responsible for distribution of emails.
- Collect, open, date stamp, and distribute mail as required.
- Responsible for distribution of faxes through email and to all pertinent recipients.
- Maintains accurate phone message recordings.
- Ensures all correspondence addressed to the Board of Directors is routed through the Executive Director.
- Provides secretarial/administration assistance to each department as assigned by the Membership Manager or Director.
- Update the membership database with current address changes as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that membership information received via email is accurate by checking for changes in address, phone, duplications, etc.
- Oversees the appearance of the reception and lobby areas to maintain a professional image. Duties to include:
- Watering of plants
- Displaying current NSCA brochures, journals and conference materials on lobby coffee table and/or reception area
- Notifying staff of visitors
- Maintaining visitor sign-in book
- Follow closing procedures to include locking sliding glass door to the gift shop and turning off lights in the reception area. And ensure that the phone system is turned on to “night mode.”
- Responsible for SIG daily balance reports and updating membership database with emails and members joining a SIG.
- Sends journal fulfillment requests to publisher.
- Process gift shop sales.
- Additional assignments as required by Membership Manager and Director.
Must have a high school diploma; additional education preferred. A minimum of 1 – 2 year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative environment is required. Must possess excellent general office, phone, organizational, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills. Must be articulate and pleasant. Must have the ability to gather and analyze information and to successfully manage multiple projects. Required to effectively communicate through all mediums. Must work well and communicate effectively with other staff and member volunteers. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet required.
Wage Status: Non-exempt
Applications: Review of all applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates must submit following:
1. Letter of application stating how their qualifications and accomplishments meet the needs of the position.
2. Current résumé.
3. Names, positions, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references.
Address application and inquires to:
Human Resources Department – Receptionist / Administrative Support
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Download as a PDF