The Publications Coordinator reports directly to the Publications Director and is responsible for ensuring that all publications and educational print/online media meet the Association’s style guide requirements and publish on time.
Duties to include, but not be exclusive to the following:
- Proofread materials for typographical, referencing, and grammatical errors. To include, but not limited to: journals (NSCA’s PTJ, TSAC Report, Bulletin), website pages, textbooks, and other internal documents.
- Assist in developing content schedule for NSCA’s PTJ, TSAC Report, and Bulletin. Assist other departments in developing Bulletin content and delivering on time.
- Write copy as assigned.
- Assist in coordinating rights, licensing, and permissions.
- Help develop and maintain Association’s style guidelines.
- Assist with special projects and all other duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess a strong understanding and proven experience in communications, as well as writing to various audiences through different mediums.
Experienced professional with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field preferred, or experience in a similar environment with a proven communications background. Position demands strict attention to detail and deadline schedules, the ability to gather and analyze information, and to successfully manage multiple projects. Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills. Must work well and communicate effectively with other staff and member volunteers. Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of InDesign a plus.
Review of all applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates must submit following:
1. Letter of application stating how their qualifications and accomplishments meet the needs of the position.
2. Current résumé.
3. Names, positions, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references.
Address application and inquires to:
Vicki Doyle, Vicki.Doyle@nsca.com
Human Resources Department – Publications Coordinator
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Download as a PDF