NSCA seeks Certification Director to Administer the association's certification, recertification, and exam development programs in accordance with the association's goals and strategic plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement administrative policies and procedures pertinent to the success of the Association’s certification program.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Team in support of association goals and objectives.
- Maintain the Association’s accreditation through NCCA.
- Oversee the work of all NSCA Exam Development Committees and the process of creating, developing and approving the certification exams offered through the NSCA including periodic Job Analysis, continual psychometric analysis, and review of the statistical performance of the exam throughout the examination cycle.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, creative, self-motivated, strategic and original thinker with senior level management experience. Candidate will possess fluent oral and written communication skills, proven initiative and follow-through.
Minimum of a Master’s degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred. Experience and knowledge of strength and conditioning profession, personal training profession, certification testing programs, and test development required. A minimum of one of the NSCA’s certifications preferred. Multiple NSCA certifications ideal. Must be dedicated individual with experience in strength and conditioning education, certification, continuing education, and similar activities. A minimum of five years management experience, professional non-profit experience preferred. Experience with budget oversight and organizational management is necessary.
Review of all applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates must submit following:
1. Letter of application stating how their qualifications and accomplishments meet the needs of the position.
2. Current résumé.
3. Salary history.
4. Names, positions, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references.
Address application and inquires to:
Vicki Doyle, Vicki.Doyle@nsca.com
Human Resources Department – Certification Director
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Download the PDF