The TSAC Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist the Tactical Strength and Conditioning (TSAC) Program Manager in coordinating the development and implementation of a comprehensive national TSAC program including events, products, educational content, and membership support. A secondary responsibility includes coaching in the NSCA Performance Center. The TSAC Coordinator must also be able to provide foundational principles, current research-based topics, and other relevant information delivered through various mediums.
Duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the planning, execution, and presentation of material for the TSAC Facilitator’s Course, Facilitator’s Outreach Course (international and domestic), TSAC Conference, various local TSAC educational events, and TSAC Exam Prep events.
- Assist with all aspects of the implementation of the strategic plan for TSAC, to include working with other departments (Certification, Education, Marketing, Membership, etc.) to manage, develop, and complete various projects.
- Manage the TSAC Report, an online publication written by and for tactical athletes and facilitators.
- Manage website content development through external communications with content experts for development of member and non-member educational information.
- Assist in the development and progression of tracking key performance indicators of the TSAC Program designated by the NSCA.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the NSCA TSAC Program; emails, phone calls, education queue, submit tickets for repair of NSCA website.
- Create and deliver Microsoft Power Point presentations on TSAC-related topics including, but not limited to Assessment, Exercise Science, Program Design, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, and Flexibility.
- Assist in the training, supervision, direction, and professional development of interns.
- Attend tactical operations locally for “needs analyses” and video assistance.
- Train individuals and groups of tactical athletes in the NSCA’s Performance Center.
- Travel as required (up to 20%).
- Complete other duties as assigned by the TSAC Program Manager and Education Director.
General education duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer general education phone calls and emails for customer service requests.
- Presenting, instructing and assisting with NSCA Education Department at events and programs such as exam preparation symposia, joint symposia, various conferences, and clinics.
- Work with the Performance Center to ensure completion of daily operations and a safe environment is maintained for all athletes; to include opening and/or closing the facility, athlete check-in, supervision of interns, and various other duties as approved by the Head TSAC Coach.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Minimum one year coaching experience
- Experience presenting to large groups
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data and information from various mediums
- Proven ability to successfully manage and assist in multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills through various mediums
- Works well and communicates effectively with staff, members, and volunteers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Masters in Exercise Science or related field
- TSAC-F®, CSCS® and/or NSCA-CPT® certified
- Three to five years of documented military or public service experience
Review of all applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates must submit following:
- Letter of application stating how their qualifications and accomplishments meet the needs of the position.
- Current résumé.
- Names, positions, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references.
Address application and inquires to:
Human Resources Department – TSAC Coordinator
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Download the PDF