Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing the Association’s marketing plans. The Senior Director of Marketing synchronizes departmental unit goals and objectives into a cohesive brand approach, developing brand portfolio marketing strategies and objectives. The Senior Director of Marketing is responsible for both the marketing budget and department.
- Designs, implements and facilitates the annual marketing plan for the Association.
- Supports and facilitates development and implementation of departmental marketing plans and their execution.
- Plans and administers the Association’s marketing operations budget.
- Develops and delivers promotional materials including marketing collateral.
- Oversees corporate communications for the Association (internal/external).
- Directs the Association’s public relations efforts, overseeing internal PR staff as well as any outside vendors.
- Is responsible for the quality and execution of all marketing efforts, including trade show exhibitions, web, email, social media, direct, and advertising.
- Supervises marketing department staff and makes staffing, hiring and termination decisions within the marketing department.
- Plays an active role in strategic development within the Association, collaborating with senior management to develop goals, strategies and objectives.
The successful candidate will exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, practiced understanding of essential marketing concepts, and have an entrepreneurial, self-starter approach. The Senior Director of Marketing will need to possess a sense of urgency and work collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 2 years experience at an executive level or 7 years experience at a marketing manager level.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with social media and web marketing very helpful.
- Process-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, growth-oriented entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in the health/fitness/sports industries a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
Review of all applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates must submit following:
- Letter of application stating how their qualifications and accomplishments meet the needs of the position.
- Current résumé.
- Names, positions, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references.
Address application and inquires to:
Human Resources Department – Senior Director of Marketing
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Vicki.Doyle@nsca.comDownload the PDF