Are you a student looking to gain hands-on experience at the NSCA's Performance Center, located in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO? Apply for one of our popular internships today!
NSCA Internship Program
The NSCA offers internships in its state-of-the-art Performance Center located at NSCA headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a great prospect for young professionals who want to grasp a better understanding of strength and conditioning while being exposed to a wide variety of athletes and coaches.
Offered three times per year, the NSCA internship is designed to coincide with the traditional college fall, spring, and summer semesters. Compensation includes $1,000 per month for up to four months, along with work attire, admission to all coinciding symposiums during internship dates, and a one year complimentary NSCA membership.
Our highly interactive internship program encourages initiative, providing ample opportunities to design, execute, and monitor safe and effective strength and conditioning programs. Each work day is filled with chances to learn, which not only enrich the intern but also improve the performance of our athletes. The self-discipline and leadership skills an intern demonstrates will serve as the key determining factors for how much they benefit from their internship experience.
The students chosen to be part of this program should demonstrate high levels of academic achievement and show a focus in the field of strength and conditioning. The following criteria will be considered when awarding internships:
- Candidates for this program must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an exercise science or related program within one year of application at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants enrolled in, or graduated from, an NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) school are preferred.
- Additional consideration will be given to those needing to fulfill school internship requirements.
- Candidates must have current CPR/AED certification and hold, or currently be pursuing, the CSCS® certification.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Resume and cover letter
- Three professional references
Internship applications are submitted through the NSCA's Job Board. Applications will be accepted and reviewed by the NSCA three times per year. To be considered, applications must be postmarked no later than March 15, June 30, or November 1 during the year. For more information please contact Aubrey Watts, Performance Center Administrator, at email@example.com.