Non-Member Price: $26.95
Assoc-Member Price: $25.00
Member Price: $25.00
Item # 9780736060592
Millions of people want to add muscle, get stronger, and look fit as a result. But when they look for expert guidance, they face a sea of self-proclaimed fitness gurus who say they have a can’t-miss program for fast and easy results. So where do you look for solid, no-nonsense advice you can trust from true experts in the strength training field? Inside this book!
Written by a team of experts chosen by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Strength Training combines the most valuable information with the best instruction for proven results:
- Increasing metabolic rate to burn more calories more efficiently
- Improving bone density to help combat osteoporosis
- Increasing muscle mass as well as strength, power, and endurance
- Preventing injuries
- Improving balance, flexibility, mobility, and stability
- Reducing back and arthritic pain
- Decreasing cholesterol and blood pressure to lessen the risk of coronary disease
The NSCA is the worldwide authority in the field of strength and conditioning, serving 33,000 members from the sport science, athletic, allied health, and fitness industries. Now, the proven techniques developed and honed by these leading authorities are available to you!
Whether you’re launching a lifting program or fine-tuning a serious fitness regimen, the full-color presentation in Strength Training will fill any knowledge void and correct misconceptions to ensure proper technique, safety, and progressions. Multiple program options and applications to machines, free weights, and other apparatuses provide the flexibility to tailor your training to personal preferences and special needs.