3 NSCA-CPT Exam Study Tips
This is not
official NSCA policy. These ideas a borne out of experience with instructing
Exam Prep Symposia and having taken the exam.
1. Follow the Detailed Content Outline closely. This is
your best clue as to what’s on the exam. (you'd be surprised by how many people
2. Use the Essentials of PT textbook extensively (but not
exclusively). This should be obvious, but again, people ignore it.
3. Practical experience is a huge help. Use more specific
educational resources to fill in your knowledge/experience gaps based on 1 (above).
I don't think there are any secrets here, but this should serve as a good
1. Take the practice test. This way you know the questions format and which are your weak areas.
2. Questions at the end do every chapter shows you what you need to emphasize from that chapter.
2. Don't study for the test. Study to become a good trainer/coach. The test will be easy.