RSS Feed Print Category View
Supplements
Mr Joe P. Lopez, CSCS 6/5/2012 12:11:09 PM
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:16 PM

As a High School teacher I am always lecturing about new supplements but it's tough to keep up with all the new stuff out there.  Does anyone have any insight into trending supplements right now.  Also, I noticed that EAS is a sponsor of the NSCA.  Do you think that influences the information that is put out there about supplement use?  Any feedback would be great.
William (Bill) I. Campbell, MS, PhD, CSCS 6/27/201
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:50 PM

I believe one of the trending supplements right now is the amino acid leucine.  There has been a lot of research over the past 5-10 years on this particular amino acid due to its ability to amplify the anabolic response to resistance training.  

Another supplement that I believe will start to have a resurgence in popularity is HMB (a metabolite of Leucine).  

Steven Jones, CSCS 4/27/2013 4:31:14 AM
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:58 AM

William (Bill) I. Campbell, MS, PhD, CSCS 6/27/201 wrote:

I believe one of the trending supplements right now is the amino acid leucine.  There has been a lot of research over the past 5-10 years on this particular amino acid due to its ability to amplify the anabolic response to resistance training.  

Another supplement that I believe will start to have a resurgence in popularity is HMB (a metabolite of Leucine).  

Bill,
What's opinion on Leucine, pre-resistance training?
Best wishes,
Ste.