RSS Feed Print Category View
Welcome
Christina
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:20 PM
Welcome to the Tactical Strength and Conditioning (TSAC) SIG forum. The purpose of the TSAC SIG is to organize NSCA members who work with or have interest in working with Military, Law Enforcement, or Fire/Rescue personnel. The TSAC SIG will focus on the exchange of ideas, methods and implementation of Tactical Strength and Conditioning as it relates to Operational Fitness and Performance. TSAC SIG will promote and share scientific training concepts and methodologies throughout the NSCA membership as it relates to training the Tactical Athlete. Please share research, ideas, training techniques, and ask questions. The TSAC forum is moderated by the TSAC SIG Executive Council.
Colin Y. Aina, CSCS,*D 6/3/2012 10:11:32 AM
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 9:50 AM

Thank you NSCA for getting a forum up and running! This is going to enhance the organization as well as help make information MUCH more accessible to all of us
Dennis Garnham, CSCS, NSCA-CPT 6/4/2012 5:04:49 AM
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:43 AM

All,

I booked an extra room at the conference hotel at the NSCA rate.  If anyone is looking for a room, let me know by 1 July, otherwise I will cancel the room.

Healthy regards,

Dennis Garnham

Brian Barrett 7/27/2012 5:56:28 PM
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 6:50 PM

I am a 9 year professional firefighter/EMT in Tucson, Arizona.  I am starting on the path to a second career, hoping to combine two of my passions:  firefighting and fitness training.

I am currently studying for the CSCS certification exam, and upon successful completion I plan to start working on my TSAC-F certification.  This is all new to me, so I am looking to network with anyone in the TSAC field.  I would like to talk to anyone with advice on career and educational paths, as well as opportunities in the TSAC profession.

Although I have no professional strength and conditioning experience, I work for the second largest department in Arizona, and I also have six years experience with a community college as an instructor and teaching assistant for their Fire Science AA program.  If my experience and contacts in the fire service might be helpful, please contact me.

I have experience in the fire/EMS field but I would like to also learn/work with law enforcement and military personnel.

Any information, advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.

Sincerely, 

Brian Barrett 

Tucson, AZ 

btbtfd@cox.net

Jason Buckaloo 6/2/2012 11:42:41 PM
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 6:38 PM

A few months back, before NSCA switching to new forum format, I posted a topic looking for input about designing a program for an upcoming SWAT school my department and team are hosting.  I did get a reply from someone in, I believe Washington state, but since the forum changed I lost that info.  Hopefully you will read this.

Basically, I am looking for some input on putting togther a short program for a class size of about 20- 30 officers.  We will do group exercise in the mornings and then I would like to implement physical training througout the day.  The class is only a week long so it won't be too elaborate.  I already have an idea of what I will do but was just looking for some input and maybe someone already has a program they would not mind sharing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Jason Buckaloo 6/2/2012 11:42:41 PM
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:47 PM

How do we post a separate topic?  I posted a topic but it is attached to this original message and topic. any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Kym Hornbeak, II 2/9/2013 2:13:39 AM
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 7:20 AM

Hello all. I'm thinking to register for the TSAC-F course however, I'm just a bit confused about something. While it seems like the TSAC-F course is open to register for, there is no tentative date for any of the exams, not to mention there is no actual TSAC study guide. I understand there are other reading materials in the prep section but none of those are the actual prep. Are they basically saying you can get away with only the publications they provided for the prep, or are all of these to be composited into the TSAC study book that is to be released later this year? Even so, I don't get how the course is open to register for, but no actual study book. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.