RSS Feed Print Category View
Business Insurance for Home Studio Owners
Mundah Massaquoi 11/29/2012 2:38:51 PM
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:51 PM
Joined: 11/29/2012
Posts: 2

I'm a new business owner operating my training studio from my residence (basement studio).  In the process of trying to obtaining studio insurance, I was told by State Farm that my property policy  would be cancelled if I operated a training studio inside my home.

Also, the business insurers told me they would not insure my property.  In my mind the two are separate, as I understand I would not expect to file a claim with my business insurer if a hurricane blew my roof off.  Likewise, nor would I expect to file a claim with State Farm if a client tripped and fell entering the separate entrance to my basement studio.

Can anyone help me find an insurer who will write a policy to cover BOTH my residential property AND my business?


Is this insane or is it just me??? - What has one to do with the other if I can show my home insurer that I have a legitimate business policy?  Anyone else have this issue

William Bradley 6/4/2012 10:31:50 AM
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:41 PM
Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 3

Hi, Here's the Phone number for ESIX insurance. They do Studio Insurance as well as supply the Liability insurance for the NSCA. The rep you want to talk to is Trish Beyer, 1-800-342-4371 ext 125. She will be able to help you figure out your best options.