Abstract submission requirements for the Midwest Regional Conference, June 7-8, 2013.
The body of the abstract cannot exceed 3,500 characters (including spaces) when there is no figure or table included. When there is a figure or table associated with the abstract, the text cannot exceed 3,000 characters (including spaces).
Abstracts must contain the following:
- Title (typed in ALL CAPS) cannot exceed 150 characters (including spaces).
- Author(s) – do not include degrees (i.e., BS, MS, PhD, etc) or credentials (CSCS, etc).
- Primary Institution / Laboratory (Institution / Laboratory Name, City, State).
- Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Practical Applications. Acknowledgements should be included to denote funding sources or conflicts of interest when applicable.
Abstracts cannot contain the following:
- Do not use brand names in the abstract.
- Do not use an NSCA research abstract as an advertisement. Research abstracts should be non-biased, free from solicitations, and should not contain demonstrations of products for the purpose of sales.
Abstracts can contain either one graph or one table, but not both.
- Any graph or table must pertain to the abstract for the purpose of visualizing data and must be referred to in the text of the abstract. Graphs or tables that do not pertain to the abstract will be removed.
- The resolution of the graph or table must be adequate for reprinting (i.e., = 150 dpi).
- Including a graph or table does not replace any of the required sections (i.e., Purpose, Methods, Results, etc.).
- No photos or pictures are allowed – only a graph or a table.
The following information will also be asked for:
- Primary / Presenting author's name and NSCA membership number.
- Primary author's professional mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Abstract category.
- If an NSCA Fellow was involved with the research study.
- If so, the Fellow’s NSCA member number must be provided.