The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) recognizes regionally accredited academic institutions for their educational programs that have met, and continue to meet, educational guidelines recommended by the NSCA. ERP recognitions are good for three years and schools are eligible for renewal following this three-year period.
Three Separate ERP Programs:
I. The ERP Strength and Conditioning Program
This program recognizes colleges and universities that offer at least a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in strength and conditioning.
Strength and Conditioning Application (PDF)
II. The ERP Graduate Studies Program
This program recognizes colleges and universities that offer at least a Master’s degree related to strength and conditioning and/or sport performance. There are two related levels of recognition available – applied curriculum and research curriculum. Schools can apply for either level of recognition, or both.
Graduate Studies Application (PDF)
III. The ERP Personal Training Program
This program recognizes colleges and universities that offer two and four-year educational programs in personal training.
Personal Training Application (PDF)
To download applications and obtain specific program details, please use the tabs found at the top of the page.
The exceptional benefits that schools receive as ERP recognized schools include:
- $25 discount on the CSCS and/or NSCA-CPT exam registration fee for students
- $25 will be provided to the academic department for each NSCA student exam registration
- A searchable listing and link to your school’s program on the NSCA’s Website
- Listing in the NSCA Bulletin, a member-only newsletter that is distributed to Professional and Associate Members, featuring your school’s distinction in the ERP
- NSCA Recognition Logos to highlight your school’s achievement; for use on school-approved forms, documents, or recruiting materials
- A matted certificate for display of the ERP distinction at your school
- Up to three complimentary career postings (graduate assistantships, internships, faculty positions, etc.) on the NSCA.com Career Resources page for the three-year recognition period
NEW - Exam Prep Live Clinics
FEATURING THE NEWEST BENEFIT TO CURRENT ERP SCHOOLS - EXAM PREP LIVE!
The NSCA now offers the opportunity for ERP schools to host an Exam Prep LIVE Clinic, which is designed to provide students a review course containing the most relevant CSCS and NSCA-CPT exam content. Not only does this provide students an added opportunity to prepare for the NSCA exams, but this also provides a revenue opportunity to the hosting the school.
As an ERP School, you will also receive:
Please click here for additional information about Exam Preparation and the opportunity to host an Exam Prep Live Clinic.
- Preferred Exam Prep Clinic approval
- A discounted Exam Prep Clinic rate for students
As a student at an NSCA ERP school, you have access to exclusive privileges that have been put in place to help you reach higher in your career. Explore the opportunities offered to you below.
NSCA Student Membership
$65 a year for full-time undergraduate and graduate students
A membership gives you unmatched access to resources, connections and opportunities that help advance your passion to improve athletic performance and fitness.
Learn more about NSCA Student Membership!
Certification Exam Registration Discounts
$25 off CSCS and/or NSCA-CPT exams
The program director of your school has the codes you will need to enter upon registration. Please reach out to him/her to receive your code(s) or Contact Us.
Exam Prep LIVE Discounts
Special, discounted registration rates at each event
The Exam Prep LIVE events are designed as a study aid, with hands-on portions and direct interaction with industry professionals – perfect for every type of learner.
Find an Exam Prep Live event!
Cash Back for your School
$25 for your school’s department for each exam registration
The program at your school has gotten you this far, why not let us give back a little, on behalf of you and your successes?
Print the document and return the hard copy with the original signature to the NSCA offices.
Your application must include:
- $500 administrative fee
- Syllabi along with any supporting materials as needed
Applicants will be notified of approval/non-approval by February 15 or July 15.
Postmark deadlines are January 1 and June 1.
Mail Applications to:
National Strength and Conditioning Association
Educational Recognition Program
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906