by Robert C. Linkul, MS, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, RCPT*D, FNSCA
Personal Training Quarterly January 2015
Vol 3, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in Personal Training Quarterly (PTQ)—a quarterly publication for NSCA Members designed specifically for the personal trainer. Discover easy-to-read, research-based articles that take your training knowledge further with Nutrition, Programming, and Personal Business Development columns in each quarterly, electronic issue. Read more articles from PTQ »
1. Clayton, N, Drake, J, Larking, S, Linkul, R, Martino, M, Nutting, M, and Tumminello, N. Foundations of Fitness Programming. NSCA Publication. 6-8, 2015.
2. Coburn, J, and Malek, MH. NSCA’s Essentials of Personal Training. (2nd ed.) Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 147-149, 2012.
3. Eckert, R, and Snarr, R. Scope of practice - Nutrition and the personal trainer. NSCA Personal Training Quarterly 1(3): 10-14, 2014.
4. Kompf, J, Nadolsky, S, and Tumminello, N. The scope of practice for personal trainers. NSCA Personal Training Quarterly 1(4): 4-9, 2014.
5. Mikeska, D. A SWOT analysis of the scope of practice for personal trainers. NSCA Personal Training Quarterly 2(1): 22-27, 2014.