A major goal of the Foundation is to maximize assets to increase grants and scholarships for NSCA members. Donations come from contributors and selected sponsors who are also dedicated to science and research. With the growth of the Foundation, the NSCA has the ability to give back to its membership, affirming its mission of being the worldwide authority on strength and conditioning, supporting and disseminating research-based knowledge and its practical application to improve athletic performance and fitness.
For the Board of Directors term July 2019 thru July 2022, there is one (1) Member position available. Applications must be received by December 15.
Member Position Description
Any member of the NSCA who meets the minimum qualifications. If the member is retired, then they should be within five years of retirement and continue to maintain an active role in the field of strength and conditioning and fitness.
• Must be available to serve a three (3) year term.
• Must be available to attend regular, special and teleconference meetings.
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
• Must adhere to and follow the NSCA Foundation Bylaws, Investment Policy, and Articles of Incorporation
Candidates wishing to be considered for a position on the Foundation Board of Directors must follow these specific steps. If you miss a step, you may not be considered a candidate for the Foundation Board of Directors*.
|Step 1.||Submit a short biography|
|Step 2.||Submit a current resume or abbreviated Curriculum Vitae (CV)|
|Step 3.||Submit a cover letter (include NSCA/NSCAF involvement and other professional experience relevant to the Board of Director position (if not included in CV)|
|Step 4.||Download, complete and return NSCA Foundation Board of Directors Candidate Application (PDF)|
|Step 5.||Download, complete and return Foundation Board of Directors Candidate Subjective Questionnaire (docx)|
* Your application will not be accepted unless you meet the Minimum Qualifications and all five steps listed in Application - How to Apply have been fulfilled, completed, and submitted before the deadline.