by Brian T. Gearity, PhD, ATC, CSCS,*D, FNSCA and Gabrielle Smith, MA
NSCA Coach April 2015
Vol 3, Issue 2
This article originally appeared in NSCA Coach, a quarterly publication for NSCA Members that provides valuable takeaways for every level of strength and conditioning coach. You can find scientifically based articles specific to a wide variety of your athletes’ needs with Nutrition, Programming, and Youth columns. Read more articles from NSCA Coach »
1. The autonomic nervous system and good health. Life Vessel Arizona: Advanced Wellness Center. Retrieved May 30, 2015 from http://www.lifevesselarizona.com/new/force-article.html.
2. Marieb, EN, and Hoehn, K. Human Anatomy and Physiology (10th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc; 2016.
3. Distress and eustress. Do you know the difference? Dr. Jack Singer. August 10, 2014. Retrieved May 30, 2015 from http:// drjacksinger.com/distress-and-eustress-do-you-know-thedifference/.
4. Vanitallie, TB. Stress: A risk factor for serious illness. Metabolism 51(suppl 6): 40-45, 2002.
5. Vaschillo, E, Vaschillo, B, and Lehrer, P. Characteristics of resonance in heart rate variability stimulated by biofeedback. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback 31(2): 129-142, 2006