by Jace A. Derwin, CSCS, RSCC
NSCA Coach April 2014
Vol 3, Issue 2
This article originally appeared in NSCA Coach, a quarterly publication for NSCA Members that provides valuable takeaways for every level of strength and conditioning coach. You can find scientifically based articles specific to a wide variety of your athletes’ needs with Nutrition, Programming, and Youth columns. Read more articles from NSCA Coach »
1. Gabbett, TJ. Incidence of injury in junior and senior rugby league players. Sports Medicine 32(12): 849-859, 2004.
2. Gabbett, TJ. Incidence of injury in junior rugby league players over four competitive seasons. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 11(3): 323-328, 2008.
3. Gabbett, TJ. Influence of Fatigue on Tackling Technique in Rugby League Players. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 22(2): 625-632, 2008.
4. Gabbett, TJ, and Domrow, N. Risk factors for injury in sub-elite rugby league players. The American Journal of Sports Medicine 33(3): 428-434, 2005.
5. Gabbett, TJ, Jenkins, DG, and Abernethy, B. Correlates of tackling ability in high-performance rugby league players. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 25(1): 72-79, 2011.
6. Gabbett, TJ, and Ryan, P. Tackling technique, injury risk, and playing performance in high-performance collision sport athletes. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching 4(4): 521-533, 2010.
7. Gray, BL, Buchowski, JM, Bumpass, DB, Mall, NA, and Matava, MJ. Spinal injuries in professional American football players. Spine Journal 12(9): 54S, 2012.
8. Swartz, EE, Broglio, SP, Cook, SB, Cantu, RC, Ferrara, MS, Guskiewicz, KM, and Meyers, JL. Early results of a helmetlesstackling intervention to decrease head impacts in football players. Journal of Athletic Training 50(12): 1219-1222, 2016.
9. USA Football | How to tackle in Football | Tackling Technique | Youth Football. Accessed April 2016 from http://usafootball.com/ health-safety/how-to-tackle.