by Robert Linkul, MS, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D
Personal Training Quarterly June 2017
Vol 4, Issue 3
This article originally appeared in Personal Training Quarterly (PTQ)—a quarterly publication for NSCA Members designed specifically for the personal trainer. Discover easy-to-read, research-based articles that take your training knowledge further with Nutrition, Programming, and Personal Business Development columns in each quarterly, electronic issue. Read more articles from PTQ »
1. Cosgrove, A. 55 Fitness Business Strategies for Success: Avoid Making the Same Mistakes We Made Opening a Fitness Facility. AlwynCosgrove.com: Results Fitness; 6-7, 2009.
2. Dobrosielski, C. American Council on Exercise pro source. Six questions to ask before opening a personal training studio. 2013. Retrieved August 2017 from https://www. acefitness.org/prosourcearticle/3608/six-questions-to-answerbefore-opening-your.
3. Goodman, J. The Personal Trainer Pocket Book. CreateSpace Publishing; 139-144, 2015.
4. Linkul, R. Considerations for opening a personal training studio or small gym – It all adds up. Personal Training Quarterly 3(2): 8-11, 2016.
5. Linkul, R. In the business of building a clientele, the referral is king. Personal Training Quarterly 2(2): 32-33, 2015.
6. Small Business Administration. Statistical Report. 2016. Retrieved August 2017 from www.businessknowhow.com/startup/ business-failure.htm.
7. Zweifel, M. The Personal Training Development Center. Six things to consider before you start your own fitness facility. 2015. Retrieved August 2017 from https://www.theptdc.com/2015/07/ start-your-own-fitness-facility/.