by Douglas O. Sheppard, NSCA-CPT,*D
Personal Training Quarterly January 2016
Vol 4, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in Personal Training Quarterly (PTQ)—a quarterly publication for NSCA Members designed specifically for the personal trainer. Discover easy-to-read, research-based articles that take your training knowledge further with Nutrition, Programming, and Personal Business Development columns in each quarterly, electronic issue. Read more articles from PTQ »
1. Functional Movement Systems. What is FMS? Retrieved 2016 from http://www.functionalmovement.com/fms.
2. Howley, E, and Thompson, D. Fitness Professional’s Handbook (6th ed.) Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 2012.
3. Miller, T. NSCA’s Guide to Tests and Assessments. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 2012.
4. Pagoto, S. The real reason we don’t exercise… And why you should get your body out of its comfort zone. Retrieved 2016 from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shrink/201411/the-realreason-we-dont-exercise.
5. Thompson, PD, Arena, R, Riebe, D, and Pescatello, L. ACSM’s new pre-participation health screening recommendations from ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, (9th ed.) Current Sports Medicine Reports 12(4):215, 2013.
6. Weinberg, RS, and Gould, D. Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 1999.