by Cameron Yuen, CSCS
Personal Training Quarterly January 2019
Vol 2, Issue 5
This article originally appeared in Personal Training Quarterly (PTQ)—a quarterly publication for NSCA Members designed specifically for the personal trainer. Discover easy-to-read, research-based articles that take your training knowledge further with Nutrition, Programming, and Personal Business Development columns in each quarterly, electronic issue. Read more articles from PTQ »
1. Beynnon, BD, Murphy, DF, and Alosa, DM. Predictive factors for lateral ankle sprains: A literature review. Journal of Athletic Training 37(4): 376-380, 2002.
2. Caffrey, E, Docherty, CL, Schrader, J, and Klossner, J. The ability of 4 single-limb hopping tests to detect functional performance deficits in individuals with functional ankle instability. Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy 39(11): 799-806, 2009.
3. Doherty, C, Delahunt, E, Caulfield, B, Hertel, J, Ryan, J, and Bleakley, C. The incidence and prevalence of ankle sprain injury: A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective epidemiological studies. Sports Medicine 44(1): 123-40, 2014.
4. Lynch, SA. Assessment of the injured ankle in the athlete. Journal of Athletic Training 37(4): 406-412, 2002.
5. Martin, RL, Davenport, TE, Paulseth, S, Wukich, DK, and Godges, JJ. Ankle stability and movement coordination impairments: Ankle ligament sprains. Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy 43(9): A1-40, 2013.