by Anthony M. Soika, MS, CSCS,*D, TSAC-F,*D and Cory Schierberl, EdD, CSCS, TSAC-F
TSAC Report January 2015
Vol 40, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Bullock, SH, Jones, BH, Gilchrist, J, and Marshall, SW. Prevention of physical training-related injuries: Recommendations for the military and other active populations based on expiated systematic reviews. American Journal of Preventative Medicine 38(1): 156-181, 2010.
2. de la Motte, S, and Oh, R. Successful Injury Prevention Interventions. In Cameron, KL, and Owens, BD (Eds.), Musculoskeletal Injuries in the Military. New York: Springer New York; 267-286, 2015.
3. Medical Training Resources: Recertification Information. July 2014. Accessed August 14, 2015 from http://www.medtrng.com/countdown.htm.
4. Walters, TJ. Injury prevention in the U.S. Army, a key component of transformation. Carlisle Barracks, PA: U.S. Army War College; 2002.
5. Webb, WJ, Anderson, C, Andrade, D, Gillett, M, Hawkins, G, Hogan, D, et al. Department of the Army Historical Summary: Fiscal Years 1990 – 1991. Center of Military History. United States Army, Washington, D.C., 1997.