by John R. Bennett, MS, CSCS,*D
TSAC Report April 2016
Vol 40, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Chiu, WY, Lee, YD, and Lin, TY. Performance evaluation criteria for personal trainers: An analytical hierarchy process approach. Social Behavior and Personality 38(7): 895-906, 2010.
2. Craig, AC, and Elckhoff-Shemek, JM. Educating and training the personal fitness trainer: A pedagogical approach. ACSM’s Health and Fitness Journal 13(2): 8-15, 2013.
3. Erickson, K, Bruner, M, MacDonald, D, and Cote, J. Gaining insight into actual and preferred sources of coaching knowledge. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching 3(4): 527-538, 2008.
4. Erickson, K, Cote, J, and Fraser-Thomas, J. Sport experiences, milestones, and educational activities associated with high-performance coaches’ development. The Sport Psychologist 21(3): 302-316, 2007.
5. Gilbert, WD, and Baldis, MW. Becoming an effective strength and conditioning coach. Strength and Conditioning Journal 36(1): 28-34, 2014.
6. Gilbert, WD, and Trudel, P. Learning to coach through experience: Reflection in model youth sport coaches. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education 21(1): 16-34, 2001.
7. McClaran, SR. The effectiveness of personal training on changing attitudes towards physical activity. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 2(1): 10-14, 2003.
8. Melton, DI, Katula, JA, and Mustian, KM. The current state of personal training: An industry perspective of personal trainers in a small southeast community. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 22(3): 883-889, 2008.
9. Tod, DA, Bond, KA, and Lavallee, D. Professional development themes in strength and conditioning coaches. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 26(3): 851-860, 2012.