by Rod Pope, PhD
TSAC Report February 2017
Vol 45, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Anderson, M, Grier, T, Dada, E, Canham-Chervak, M, and Jones, B. The role of gender and physical performance on injuries: An army study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2016. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.11.012.
2. Crawley, A, Sherman, R, Crawley, W, and Cosio-Lima, L. Physical fitness of police academy cadets: Baseline characteristics and changes during a 16-week academy. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 30(5): 1416-1424, 2015.
3. Kotseva, K, Wood, D, De Backer, G, De Bacquer, D, Pyörälä, K, Keil, U, and EUROASPIRE Study Group. Cardiovascular prevention guidelines in daily practice: A comparison of EUROASPIRE I, II, and III surveys in eight European countries. Lancet 373(9667): 929940, 2009.
4. Mitrović, B, Jancović, R, Dopsaj, M, Vučković, G, Milojević, S, Pantelić, S, and Nurkić, M. How an eight-month period without specialised physical education classes affects the morphological characteristics and motor abilities of students of the Academy of Criminalistic and Police Studies. Facta Universitatis, Series: Physical Education and Sport 14(2): 167-178, 2016.
5. Myklebust, G, Engebretsen, L, Braekken, I, Skiolberg, A, Olsen, O, and Bahr, R. Prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in female team handball players: A prospective intervention study over three seasons. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine 13(2): 71-78, 2003.
6. Olsen, O, Myklebust, G, Engebretsen, L, Holme, I, and Bahr, R. Exercises to prevent lower limb injuries in youth sports: cluster randomized controlled trial. British Medical Journal 330(7489): 449-455, 2005.
7. Orr, R, and Pope, R. Gender differences in load carriage injuries of Australian Army soldiers. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 17(1): 488-494, 2016.
8. Orr, R, Pope, R, Peterson, S, Hinton, B, and Stierli, M. Leg power as an indicator of risk of injury or illness in police recruits. International Journal of Environmental Research & Public Health 13(2): 237-247, 2016.
9. Parry, S, and Puthucheary, Z. The impact of extended bed rest on the musculoskeletal system in the critical care environment. Extreme Physiology and Medicine 4: 16, 2015.
10. Poplin, G, Roe, D, Burgess, J, Peate, W, and Harris, R. Fire fit: Assessing comprehensive fitness and injury risk in the fire service. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health 89(2): 251-259, 2016.
11. Semmens, E, Domitrovich, J, Conway, K, and Noonan, C. A cross-sectional survey of occupational history as a wildland firefighter and health. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 59(4): 330-335, 2016.