by Rod Pope, PhD
TSAC Report December 2018
Vol 50, Issue 3
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Campbell, R. U.S. firefighter injuries on the fireground, 20102014. Fire Technology 54: 461-477, 2017.
2. Eagle, S, Connaboy, C, Nindl, B, and Allison, K. Significantly increased odds of reporting previous shoulder injuries in female Marines based on larger magnitude shoulder rotator bilateral strength differences. The Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 6(2): (7 pages), 2018. DOI: 10.1177/2325967118756283
3. Highland, K, Schoomaker, A, Rojas, W, Suen, J, Ahmed, A, Zhang, Z, et al. Benefits of the restorative exercise and strength training for operational resilience and excellence yoga program for chronic low back pain in service members: A pilot randomised controlled trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 99: 91-98, 2018.
4. Holsteen, K, Choi, Y, Bedno, S, Nelson, D, and Kurina, L. Gender differences in limited duty time for lower limb injury. Occupational Medicine 68: 18-25, 2018.
5. Larsen, L, Andersson, E, Tranberg, R, and Ramstrand, N. Multisite musculoskeletal pain in Swedish police: Associations with discomfort from wearing mandatory equipment and prolonged sitting. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health (9 pages), 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00420-018-1292-9
6. Park, K, Sy, J, Horn, G, Kesler, R, Petrucci, M, Rosengren, K, and Hsiao-Wecksler, E. Assessing gait changes in firefighters after firefighting activities and while carrying asymmetric loads. Applied Ergonomics 70: 44-50, 2018.