by Rod Pope, PhD
TSAC Report July 2016
Vol 42, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Coffey, B, MacPhee, R, Socha, D, and Fischer, SL. A physical demands description of paramedic work in Canada. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 53: 355-362, 2016.
2. Kesler, RM, Horn, GP, Rosengren, KS, and Hsiao-Wecksler, ET. Analysis of foot clearance in firefighters during ascent and descent of stairs. Applied Ergonomics 52: 18-23, 2016.
3. Kollock, RO, Andrews, C, Johnston, A, Elliott, T, Wilson, AE, Games, KE, and Sefton, JM. A meta-analysis to determine if lower extremity muscle strengthening should be included in military knee-overuse injury-prevention programs. Published ahead of print. Journal of Athletic Training 51(4): 2016.
4. Šimenko, J, Škof, B, Hadžić, V, Milić, R, Zorec, B, Žvan, M, et al. General and specific physical abilities of the members of a special police unit. Physical Education and Sport 14(1): 83-98, 2016.
5. van der Heijden, RA, Lankhorst, NE, van Linschoten, R, Bierma-Zeinstra, SMA, and van Middelkoop, M. Exercise for treating patellofemoral pain syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 1: 2015.ROD