by Rod Pope, PhD
TSAC Report June 2016
Vol 41, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Bock, C, Stierli, M, Hinton, B, and Orr, R. The Functional Movement Screen as a predictor of police recruit occupational task performance. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2015.11.006.
2. Brown, TN, Loverro, KL, and Schiffman, JM. Soldier-relevant body borne load impacts minimum foot clearance during obstacle negotiation. Applied Ergonomics 55: 56-62, 2016.
3. Conolly, M, Elder, C, and Dawes, J. Needs analysis for mountain search and rescue. Strength and Conditioning Journal 37(4): 35-42, 2015.
4. Drain, J, Billing, D, Neesham-Smith, D, and Aisbett, B. Predicting physiological capacity of human load carriage – A review. Applied Ergonomics 52: 85-94, 2016.
5. Grimm, NL, Jacobs, JC Jr., Kim, J, Denney, BS, and Shea, KG. Anterior cruciate ligament and knee injury prevention programs for soccer players: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Sports Medicine 43(8): 2049-2056, 2015.
6. Hubscher, M, Zech, A, Pfeifer, K, Hansel, F, Vogt, L, and Banzer W. Neuromuscular training for sports injury prevention: A systematic review. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 42(3): 413-421, 2010.
7. Semmens, EO, Domitrovich, J, Conway, K, and Noonan, CW. A cross-sectional survey of occupational history as a wildland firefighter and health. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 59(4): 330-335, 2016.
8. Vaulerin, J, d’Arripe-Longueville, F, Emile, M, and Colson, SS. Physical exercise and burnout facets predict injuries in a population-based sample of French career firefighters. Applied Ergonomics 54: 131-135, 2016.