by Trisha B. Stavinoha, MS, RD, CSCS
TSAC Report September 2015
Vol 36, Issue 1
This article originally appeared in TSAC Report, the NSCA’s quarterly, online-only publication geared toward the training of tactical athletes, operators, and facilitators. It provides research-based articles, performance drills, and conditioning techniques for operational, tactical athletes. The TSAC Report is only available for NSCA Members. Read more articles from TSAC Report
1. Areta, JL, Burke, LM, Ross, ML, Camera, DM, West, DW, Broad, EM, et al. Timing and distribution of protein ingestion during prolonged recovery from resistance exercise alters myofibrillar protein synthesis. J Physiol 591: 2319-2331, 2013.
2. Chromium Supplements: Product Review. ConsumerLab.com. 2014. Retrieved 2014 from https://www.consumerlab.com/reviews/ chromium_supplements/chromium/.
3. Chromium: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet. National Institutes of Health: Office of Dietary Supplements. 2013. Retrieved 2014 from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/ChromiumHealthProfessional/.
4. Harel, Z. The frequency and characteristics of dietary supplement recalls in the United States. JAMA Internal Medicine 173(10): 929-930, 2013.
5. National Research Council, Food, and Nutrition Board. Recommended Dietary Allowances (10th Edition). National Academy Press: Washington, DC; 1989.
6. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database: Chromium. Retrieved 2014 from http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch. com/nd/Search.aspx?cs=DOD~PRLJC&s=ND&pt=100&id=932&fs=N D&searchid=49167969.
7. Natural Medicines – Comprehensive Database. Chromium. Retrieved 2014 from http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch. com/nd/PrintVersion.aspx?id=932&AspxAutoDetectCookieSuppo rt=1.