The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) recognizes and distinguishes schools with standardized, approved strength and conditioning or personal training curricula in undergraduate and graduate settings designed to prepare students for the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer® (NSCA-CPT®) and NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) certifications.
The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) is the first step in laying the foundation to ensure excellence for students in the classroom, as well as a long-term professional success after graduation. The ERP recognizes and distinguishes schools with strength and conditioning or personal training curricula that prepares students for NSCA certification exams.
Where does a successful career in strength and conditioning and personal training begin?
A successful career begins with a great classroom education and is progressed by the challenges, encouragement, and opportunities necessary for future successes. This includes the right certifications, professional development, and networking that can only be found through the NSCA. Learn, network, and share your strengths with the NSCA and a community of likeminded peers-from students to experienced professionals. Attend a school that has program(s) that carry the NSCA ERP seal of approval.
View our complete list of schools with undergraduate strength and conditioning, graduate strength and conditioning and personal training programs that carry the NSCA ERP seal of approval.
Learn how to earn recognition of your program and become a part of this distinguished list of programs recognized by the NSCA. Recognition can be earned in any program or all three. View specific program details and curriculum requirements.
A full list of required content areas can be found within each program application. Download the ERP Program Application for the program that best fits your curricula
Application postmark deadlines are April 1 and October 1 each year. Applicants will be notified of approval/non-approval by May 15 and November 15. Complete the form-fillable PDF application.
Your application must include:
Mail applications to:
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Education Recognition Program (ERP)
1885 Bob Johnson Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Your email was successfully sent to Linda Aaberg
Appalachian State University
• Certification Exam Discount
- ALL Students from ERP Schools NOW Receive a $50 Exam Discount on the CSCS/CPT Exams NSCA Certification Exams
**Please Note** We will no longer distribute rebates back to ERP schools
• Exam Prep Discount
- $25 discount off full registration to a CSCS Exam Prep Live Clinic
• Three Complimentary Job Postings
- Value of $395/posting on the NSCA Job Board
• NSCA Conference Discounts
- Discounts offered off NSCA National and Coaches Conference registrations
• Advertiste in NSCA Publications- Exclusive offer of 20% off of public rates
NSCA Promotion of ERP Schools
• Framed and Matted ERP Certificate
• Listing on the NSCA Website
• Official ERP Logos
• Promotional Marketing Materials
• Schools Featured on Display at NSCA National Conferences
Opportunities for Career Growth and Advancement
• NSCA Foundation Grants and Scholarships-Natasha Porter scholarship available exclusively to ERP students
• NSCA Internship Program- Applicants enrolled in, or graduated from an ERP school receive preference
• NSCA Foundation Assistantship Program