The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) recognizes and distinguishes schools with standardized, approved strength and conditioning or personal training curricula in undergraduate and graduate settings designed to prepare students for the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer® (NSCA-CPT®) and NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) certifications.
The NSCA Education Recognition Program (ERP) is the first step in laying the foundation to ensure excellence for students in the classroom, as well as a long-term professional success after graduation. The ERP recognizes and distinguishes schools with strength and conditioning or personal training curricula that prepares students for NSCA certification exams.
Where does a successful career in strength and conditioning and personal training begin?
A successful career begins with a great classroom education and is progressed by the challenges, encouragement, and opportunities necessary for future successes. This includes the right certifications, professional development, and networking that can only be found through the NSCA. Learn, network, and share your strengths with the NSCA and a community of likeminded peers-from students to experienced professionals. Attend a school that has program(s) that carry the NSCA ERP seal of approval.
Learn how to earn recognition of your program and become a part of this distinguished list of programs recognized by the NSCA. Recognition can be earned in any program or all three. View specific program details and curriculum requirements.
A full list of required content areas can be found within each program application. Download the ERP Program Application for the program that best fits your curricula
Application postmark deadlines are April 1 and October 1 each year. Applicants will be notified of approval/non-approval by May 15 and November 15. Complete the form-fillable PDF application.
Your application must include:
Mail applications to:
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Education Recognition Program (ERP)
1885 Bob Johnson Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Your email was successfully sent to Linda Aaberg
Appalachian State University
View our complete list of schools with undergraduate strength and conditioning, graduate strength and conditioning and personal training programs that carry the NSCA ERP seal of approval.
ERP schools and students attending ERP schools receive exceptional discounts and opportunities to grow your program.
Comprehensive list of exclusive ERP benefits include:
• Certification Exam Discount
- $25 discount off NSCA Certification Exams
• Exam Rebate
- $25 rebate will be paid to the academic department for each NSCA exam registration received at six-month intervals, as of August 1 and February 1. If the accumulated rebate is less than $100, no payment will be made until the accumulated amount reaches $100. However, a statement will be mailed regardless if there is a payment due or not. Payments for amounts due under the $100 minimum will only be made at the end of the three-year recognition cycle. A $50 exam discount is available, in lieu of $25 rebate paid back to the school upon request.
• Three Complimentary Job Postings
- Value of $395/posting on the NSCA Job Board for ERP schools
• Student Membership Discount
- Exclusive student membership discount opportunities are periodically offered to ERP schools
• NSCA Conference Discount
- $25 discount off NSCA National and Coaches Conference registrations
• Access to NSCA Advancement and Growth Opportunities:
- NSCA Foundation Grants and Scholarships- Natasha Porter scholarship available exclusively to ERP students.
- NSCA Internship Program- Applicants enrolled in, or graduated from an ERP school are preferred.
- NSCA Foundation Assistantship Program