National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Fellows are an accomplished group of professionals whose frequent and sustained contributions to the profession have promoted the goals and activities of the NSCA. The purpose of the Fellowship is to promote excellence and leadership within the NSCA by recognizing high standards and extraordinary professional development. Since continued service to the NSCA is essential to the organization's growth, all successful candidates will have demonstrated a long-term commitment to the mission of the NSCA. While service to other organizations and the broader sport science/sports medicine community is recognized, individuals who are applying for NSCA Fellowship must demonstrate a deep and on-going interest in the long-term goals and activities of our organization and are encouraged to provide continued, active leadership service to the NSCA if FNSCA status is awarded. Through an application process, Fellows are awarded the esteemed FNSCA title (Fellow of the National Strength and Conditioning Association). This designation reflects the professional stature of the Fellow and his/her record of valuable contributions to the NSCA.
Applicants to the NSCA Fellowship program must fulfill the absolute requirements listed below prior to applying.
Shall have earned a master's or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in kinesiology, exercise science, physical therapy, athletic training, nutrition, physical education, or a health-related field.
Shall have been an NSCA professional member for a total of at least 10 years, including the last five years immediately prior to applying for Fellowship.
Shall have attended at least seven NSCA Annual Conferences in the past 10 years. At least five of these conferences must have been the NSCA National Conference & Exhibition. No more than two of the seven conferences may be attended via live streaming. Other annual conferences include the NSCA Personal Trainers Conference, NSCA Coaches Conference (previously NSCA Sport-Specific Conference), NSCA TSAC Annual Training, NSCA International Conference, and NSCA Performance Clinics.
Shall have received a letter of recommendation from two NSCA Fellows.
Shall have submitted a fellowship application that consists of “Absolute Requirements” as well as accrue at least 125 points from the “Professional Contribution Categories."
Shall have paid a $100 one-time lifetime application fee.
In addition to the aforementioned absolute requirements, candidates shall have demonstrated an exemplary record of service and leadership to the NSCA.
This requirement must be met by combining points from all of the following four categories to total at least 125 points. The application must also meet the minimum number of points in the first 3 Categories in order to be considered.
Please note: names, titles, and programs may have changed through the years. If a specific involvement is not listed with in the application, select the most similar category and make note of that involvement.
|1. NSCA Publications and Review||50 points|
|2. NSCA Professional Presentations||50 points|
|3. NSCA Professional Service, Certifications, and Distinctions||50 points|
|4. Subjective Contributions to the NSCA||25 points|
The Fellow Points Review Sheet below may assist in determining if you have enough points for consideration.
Important: Before you start to fill out the application, please make sure that you have all the correct, final information available. As this web page does not allow you to save the application once it is filled out, you will be unable to go back and retrieve or edit information once you close the window containing the application. You must print out the application before you close the window or you will lose the information you have entered.
The deadline for application review is March 1.
1. Dr. Lee E. Brown, CSCS,*D, FNSCA*E
2. Dr. Terry Housh, FNSCA
3. Mr. Juan Carlos Santana, MEd, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
4. Dr. Joel Cramer, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
5. Dr. Jeff Chandler, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
6. Dr. Donald A. Chu, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
7. Dr. Bruce W. Craig, FNSCA
8. Dr. Avery Faigenbaum, CSCS, CSPS, FNSCA
9. Dr. Andrew C. Fry, CSCS,*D, FNSCA*E
10. Dr. G. Gregory Haff, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
11. Dr. Jay Hoffman, FNSCA
12. Dr. Mike Greenwood, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
13. Dr. William J. Kraemer, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
14. Dr. Jeff McBride, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
15. Dr. Dave Pearson, FNSCA
16. Dr. Michael H. Stone, CSCS, FNSCA
17. Dr. Jeff Stout, FNSCA
18. Dr. N. Travis Triplett, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
19. Mr. Dan Wathen, MS, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
20. Dr. Larry Weiss, CSCS, FNSCA
21. Mr. Bill Allerheiligen, MS, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
22. Mr. Boyd Epley, MEd, CSCS,*D, RSCC*E, FNSCA*E
23. Dr. Steven J. Fleck, CSCS, FNSCA*E
24. Dr. John Garhammer, FNSCA
25. Mr. John F. Graham, MS, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
26. Mr. Allen Hedrick, MA, CSCS,*D, RSCC*E, FNSCA
27. Dr. L. Perry Koziris, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
28. Dr. Brian Schilling, CSCS, FNSCA
29. Mrs. Meg Stone, MA, CSCS, RSCC*E, FNSCA
30. Mr. John Taylor, MS, FNSCA
31. Dr. Patrick S. Hagerman, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
32. Dr. William R. Holcomb, ATC/L, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
33. Dr. Anthony A. Abbott, CSCS,*D, CSPS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
34. Dr. Jose Antonio, CSCS, FNSCA
35. Dr. Richard A. Borden, PT, CSCS,Retired, FNSCA
36. Dr. Jared W. Coburn, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
37. Dr. Joan M. Eckerson, CSCS, FNSCA
38. Dr. Robert Newton, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
39. Mr. Michael Nitka, MS, CSCS,*D, RSCC*E, FNSCA*E
40. Mr. Bruno Pauletto, MS, FNSCA
41. Mr. Mark Roozen, MEd, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, TSAC-F, FNSCA
42. Mr. David Sandler, MS, FNSCA
43. Dr. Joseph P. Weir, FNSCA
44. Dr. William P. Ebben, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
45. Dr. Nicholas A. Ratamess, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
46. Dr. Patrick L. Jacobs, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
47. Dr. James Jay Dawes, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, TSAC-F,*D, FNSCA
48. Dr. Helen M. Binkley, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
49. Dr. Brent A. Alvar, CSCS,*D, RSCC, FNSCA
50. Mr. John A. Kordich, MEd, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
51. Dr. Ian Jeffreys, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, RSCC*E, FNSCA
52. Dr. Frank J. Spaniol, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
53. Dr. Moh H. Malek, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
54. Dr. John P. McCarthy, PT, CSCS,*D, CSPS,*D, FNSCA*E
55. Dr. Todd A. Miller, CSCS,*D, TSAC-F,*D, FNSCA
56. Dr. David J. Szymanski, CSCS,*D, RSCC*E, FNSCA
57. Dr. Margaret T. Jones, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
58. Mr. Chat Williams, MS, CSCS,*D, CSPS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
59. Dr. Brad J. Schoenfeld, CSCS,*D, CSPS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
60. Dr. Abbie E. Smith-Ryan, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
61. Dr. Andrew Galpin, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
62. Dr. Brian Gearity, ATC, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
63. Dr. Colin Wilborn, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
64. Dr. Jonathan Anning, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
65. Dr. David Bellar, CSCS,*D, RSCC*D, FNSCA
66. Mr. Robert Linkul, MS, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, RCPT*D, FNSCA
67. Dr. Michael G. Miller, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, TSAC-F,*D, FNSCA
68. Dr. Douglas Kleiner, CSCS,*D, CSPS,*D, TSAC-F,*D, FNSCA
69. Mr. Steve Bliss, MEd, CSCS, RSCC*E, FNSCA
70. Dr. Nicole C. Dabbs, FNSCA
71. Dr. Lawrence Judge, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT, RSCC*E, FNSCA
72. Dr. Bryan Mann, CSCS,*D, TSAC-F,*D, RSCC*D, FNSCA
73. Dr. Eric D. Ryan, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
74. Dr. Matt S. Stock, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
75. Dr. Michael Waller, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FNSCA
76. Dr. Rick Howard, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
77. Dr. Chad Kerksick, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, FNSCA
78. Dr. Kevin McCurdy, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
79. Dr. Sandor Dorgo, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
80. Dr. David Fukuda, CSCS,*D, FNSCA
81. Dr. Rhodri Lloyd, CSCS,*D, FNSCA